Image Map

Thursday, April 24, 2014

19 (+3) week bumpdate




Look at that! It's a full fledged bump! The random substitute in my classroom last week questioned if I was pregnant or not. So it's official that it's a bump. Let's get to it shall we?


  • How far along are you? 19 weeks and 3 days.
  • How I'm feeling: Pretty good. A bit tired and I've definitely had some stretching pains this week. 
  • Total weight gain:  I'm up five pounds I think. Started at 120, dropped to 117 and have slowly made my way up. I've been doing a good job of watching what I eat. 
  • How big is baby? According to the Bump he's the size of a mango! He measured on time last week and weighed 8 oz.
  • Boy or girl?: boy!!! :)
  • Maternity clothes: I wear my belly bands almost daily. I wore a maternity top that I got from a consignment store two days. I love the ruffles on it and could totally rock it even if I wasn't pregnant. I'm rockin'  a pair of maternity leggings today under one of my old dresses. So comfy!
  • Sleep: On a good day, I wake up once to go to the restroom. I had great sleep this weekend but the last two nights have been rough. 
  • Best moment this week: Finally looking pregnant! Kind of crazy when I look down! The bump came out of nowhere. Oh and buying little man two cute outfits for 3 dollars at Baby Gap!
  • Worst moment: Last week at our scan, we found out baby has a marginal cord insertion. That's when the cord attaches near the edge of the placenta instead of the middle. Happens only to 7% of moms! A slight one (meaning if it was attached .25 cm the other way no one would be concerned.) Doctor didn't seem overly concerned, and it means I get more ultrasounds. So I guess it's a plus for getting to see the baby more!
  • Movement: On and off. I have an anterior placenta (found that out last week too!) so movements will be muffled for a bit. Last night I did feel some definite kicks!
  • Food cravings: Nothing distinct lately. Though now that I think about it, flautas from Tijuana Flats sound AMAZING!! Or the empanadas from the Race Trac down the street. Random I know!
  • Food aversions: I discovered in my first tri that my aversions are anything that was fairly new to me before pregnancy. The idea of quinoa and cucumber water makes me wanna hurl!
  • Belly button in or out:  Belly button is still in. But it's definitely not as deep anymore!
  • What I am thankful for: J. I lost it at our anatomy scan last week and he kept me calm. He's been absolutely great during this pregnancy and I can't wait to see him with our little boy!
  • What I'm looking forward to: Buying the crib. I think we've decided on the one we want. Plus hearing his heartbeat again in two weeks.

    I wrote earlier this year that my word is TRUST. This pregnancy has taught me a lot about having faith and trust. I can't feel my baby but I trust that he's there. I trust that God is watching over me and him. It's a tough lesson for someone like me to take, but it's one that I definitely needed!
  • 2 comments:

    1. I LOVE that you brought in your word of the year. the perfect way to trust!

      Xo Lourdes

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh wow! Look at that cute baby bump! And a boy, how sweet!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving me some love!