Image Map

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I write about this all the time...

I internalize everything. I take things that happen (especially the not positive ones) and keep them in my head, playing them over and over AND over. It's not a good habit, I know this. But it's one that I constantly struggle with. Especially when it comes to work.

I adore my class. But it's the things outside of the classroom that bring me down. And I'm not gonna write the instances here because I don't know who may or may not stumble across this. But know that it's bringing me down. It makes me want to cry because I just don't know what else to do. I tell myself, let it go. Keep quiet. Don't disagree. Keep your thoughts to yourself. And none of that ever happens.

And the worse part is, these feelings are seeping into parts of my life that are great. Like my actual classroom and my actual class. My marriage. My friendships. My face ( seriously, I haven't had acne this bad since I was in college!) And I don't want that to keep happening.

So I hit up Pinterest in hope of finding some quotes that I can say to myself. Affirmations I suppose. Here are some of my favorites.




The bottom hit me the most. I have ALWAYS known it is a choice to be happy. I just don't know why it's so hard to make that choice. But I suppose the best things in life do come from hard choices.

Thanks for letting me vent friends! How do you handle your own internalizations?

3 comments:

  1. I do the same thing and am still learning to deal with it without letting it bring me down!

    I am sorry you are going through this!

    XO
    Lourdes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post SPEAKS to me!!! Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I wouldn't exactly say I interalize everything (because I'm extremely vocal and can normally find a way to say what I'm felling-- although it may not always be to the person who is bothering me if it's taking place at work), I can completely understand what you are saying here. I often tend to play things over and over in my head.. until I can make sense of it/figure it out. And I realize how much it stinks because I see myself taking it out on others, especially those that I love. All of these quotes are wonderful and I'm going to take them with me and try to remember them the next time someone or something bothers me. I hope that the next time someone does something that rattles you; one of these quotes quickly comes to you rather than any sadness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!