Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Focus on me...

I am sure we've all heard about The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. In it she lays out how she came up with her commandments to happiness. I read awhile ago, but I receive her emails and today's was all about reminding yourself that YOU are the only person you have the ability to change.

I need to remember this and I need to PRACTICE this. Too many times this week, especially at work, I've caught myself rehashing the same topic over over. Why does so and so ALWAYS do that? Why doesn't she listen? Why can't SHE change? And I need to stop.

The only person who's attitude I have control over is ME. So I'm going to act the way that I want to feel. I want to feel positive towards those who may not act the same as me. Those who may not put as much effort as me.

It's going to be hard. But darn it! I am going to try! Choosing happiness is ALWAYS harder than choosing negativity. Weird how it works, but it is SO true.

Any suggestions? Have you ever felt this way?

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I've been thinking about this week as well!! I've seen it pop up in a few places in the blogosphere and I'm glad to know that I haven't been alone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!