Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Reading my life away...

One of my FAVORITE things to do is read. I've always been a bookworm. Summer allows me to do a lot more of that. It's fun to just get lost in a book.

I'm a big fan of chick lit for the summer time. They're easy and they're fun to read and isn't that what you want for summer? Here are a few that I've already finished:


This one tells the story of Charlotte, a twenty-something woman who is getting ready to jet off to Paris with her fiance. When she discovers that he's cheating on her, she decides to go to Paris anyways and just live life and date like a man. I saw the ending coming, but the journey of Charlotte was really fun to read. The setting made me want to book a trip to Paris ASAP! There's a sequel coming and I will definitely be adding it to my Kindle very soon.


I love British Chick Lit. Not really sure why, but my favorite chick lit books ALMOST always by British authors. This one has  fun premise: Natalie is someone who just doesn't like to cause trouble ever, so she tends to not be honest about how she feels. One day she gets hypnotised and all of a sudden, whenever ANYONE asks her a question, she must tell the truth. There were definitely LAUGH out loud moments and I almost didn't want the story to end.


I don't know about you, but I LOVED The Devil Wears Prada, both the book and the movie. So I was PUMPED when I heard she wrote  a sequel. And yet. It was a total let down. I finished it, because I don't like to NOT finish a book, but the characters bugged me. I didn't understand the title, because while yes Miranda shows up, she's not really a huge part of the book. The plot isn't really about her. Times like these I wish I could return ebooks.

I do read smart books to, just saying! I just tend to get lost in these fluff pieces during the summer. What books do you like to read?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me some love!