Image Map

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This is a first... Confidence

It's the night before my big annual observation. My observation with my new principal. Normally this would have me COMPLETELY freaked out. I would have stayed at work until late, cleaning every nook and cranny and going over each step of my plan.

But I didn't do that. I left at 4:00. I felt confident discussing my students with my principal. I'm not worried. Will I still sweat every little thing when he walks in? Of course. I'm an overachiever. It's in my blood. At the same time, I'm calm.

Is this what feeling confident is all about? Knowing that my kids are great and I've prepared them wonderfully and that there's nothing else I can do? Enjoying my Chinese food and not imagining the things that can go wrong?

People tell me I'm great and I don't know why I don't believe them. I need to feel the way I do right now all the time. Not question everything.

Anyone ever felt like this? Anyone ever had an AHA moment when they realize the feeling that they have is one of confidence? It's interesting, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. ...what if I told you that no one observes me? Like ever. Well, I get 10 minutes of the principal's time approximately twice a year. He doesn't even check my lesson plans!
    It's kind of annoying. I'm sure you'll do fine though!
    Good luck, Nilda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You'll be awesome, I can't wait to hear about it!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!