Image Map

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wisdom teeth stink...

I HATE DENTAL PROCEDURES. I know, I know, most people do as well, but I have NEVER had a good dental experience.

Exhibit A: 1994
Had to have a baby tooth pulled because it had a massive cavity. Gave me some novacaine. Everything going splendid...until novacaine WEARS off halfway through! They were almost done, so the dentist just finished it without pain meds. My dad still has the scars on his hand from where I gripped his hand.

Exhibit B: 2011
I had to have a root canal. The actual root canal went OK. But the crown procedure did not. The dental hygienist sucked and apparently didn't send off the right mold. So my dentist bitched me out for waiting so long to get my permanent crown. When she realized it was her people's mistake, she made me a new one. But it still didn't fit, so she had to scrape away my gum. Oy vey.

Exhibit C: 2012
My first cleaning this year, I had to have a deep cleaning. My fault for not being the greatest dental health person. (Please don't reprimand me! I know, I know.) I brush my teeth twice daily but that's about it. After experience the awfulness that is a deep cleaning, I was an ideal dental health person. Took the nasty mouth wash and everything.
So I was told I wouldn't need another deep cleaning. But apparently, halfway through my second annual cleaning, which was a deep cleaning, my dentist realized no one had ever updated my chart. So I had to go through a deep cleaning for NO REASON!!!

So needless to say I was NOT looking forward to my wisdom teeth extraction today. After I woke up, I felt ok. In a bit pain, but okay. Dr. checked me out, gave me some more gauze and sent me on my way.

I was halfway home when I realized something was wrong. My mouth wouldn't stop filling up with blood and I felt faint. After stopping at critical care, they sent me back to my surgeon. He took very good care of me, putting meds and stitching me up. When I asked if what happened was normal, he said there's a very small chance of not clotting and that I was today's lucky winner. YAY me.

So now I'm sitting on my couch, eating some mashed potatoes and watching the latest season of Army Wives. It's like Netflix knew I'd be sitting on my butt for a few days so they added new episodes.

Any of you ever had dental issues? Here's my plan for the rest of the weekend:

someecards.com - Ice cream is a wonderful way to mourn the loss of wisdom teeth.

I totally agree, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. How did I completely miss that you were having your wisdom teeth out today? Or did you not say anything? Either way - HEAL QUICKLY! And listen to lots of NSYNC this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh my wisdom went ok technically but it was still
    Miserable! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love!